IMS Roundtables & Events
IMS Consulting facilitates a series of round table events sharing best practice across our partnership network between senior construction and eco sustainability leaders. The topical briefings and lively debates cover topics such as the future of reporting, how to use engagement effectively and sustainability standards, frameworks and challenges.
Our latest session, held in June, covered engagement wit representatives from some of the biggest businesses in the UK and France, learning about key engagement touch points, stakeholder mapping, supply chain engagement and using social media for ongoing engagement.
IMS Consulting Roundtables operate under Chatham House Rules. These mean, ‘When a meeting, or part thereof, is held under the Chatham House Rule, participants are free to use the information received, but neither the identity nor the affiliation of the speaker(s), nor that of any other participant, may be revealed.
July 2015 London
Effective Engagement for Sustainable Business
2nd July 2015, 9:30am - 1.30pm (3pm with lunch), Central London
Delegates will be handpicked for their experience and ability to contribute.
A briefing session on effective engagement for sustainable business, covering:
- Materiality - understanding which issues matter most to your business and its stakeholders
- Employee engagement - creating sustainability advocates and champions
- Maximising impact in your value chain - turning suppliers and customers into partners
Get expert updates on the key issues from industry professionals. Debate common challenges and opportunities with industry peers. Understand how to implement effect engagement.
The Expert Facilitators:
Graham Sprigg, Founder, IMS Consulting
Graham is the founder of IMS Consulting, a Bristol-based organisation specialising in helping businesses to develop sustainability strategies and engage and communicate with stakeholders. He works extensively in the construction and environment sectors, delivering engagement for strategy, sustainability and corporate responsibility reports, Roadmaps and communications programmes.
- UK representative on EU European Business Awards for Environment panel.
- Member of Communications Task Force, World Business Council for Sustainable Development, Cement Sustainability Initiative.
- Presenter at Cambridge Programme for Sustainability Leadership.
- Experienced engagement specialist with a track record of delivering engagement and knowledge sharing platforms for central government, local government, large corporate and NGOs based in the UK and internationally.
- Creator of the StakeholderTALK online engagement toolkit, which has been used by central government and international NGOs to consult and communicate with stakeholders online.
Dr Richard Westaway PhD, Strategy Specialist, IMS Consulting
Richard helps businesses with their corporate sustainability strategies and reporting, based on his broad understanding of the sustainability and corporate responsibility agenda. He also undertakes research into the corporate sustainability landscape, including benchmarking the sustainability communications of the UK’s largest construction firms.
- Has worked for the UK Climate Impacts Programme (UKCIP) and the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) in Australia on climate change adaptation.
- Associate Member of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA)
- Well versed in communicating with business and scientific audiences on climate change issues.